- Admission and Registration
- Undergraduate Programs for International Students
Undergraduate Admissions for International Students
2021-2022 ACADEMIC YEAR APPLICATION CONDITIONS
to UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
In order to apply as an international undergraduate student, first of all, the requirement stated below within the scope of the Turkish Higher Education Consulate legislation must be met and an online application must be submitted in accordance with the application conditions determined by Sabancı University for the relevant year. International Students who are in the last year of high school or graduated from a school equivalent to Turkish high schools may apply to undergraduate programs offered at Sabancı University.
A. Before Online Application
In order to apply, 30 USD application fee must be paid. You can make a quick payment with your enabled Visa or Mastercard credit card from the screen that appears before entering the application form. You will be able to reach the application form right after you complete the payment process.
You will be asked to upload the documents stated in the application requirements below, so you need to have scanned versions of each of these ready for upload. You will not be able to submit your application until all documents have been uploaded and all required fields have been filled in. Complete applications are reviewed on a continuous basis and applicants are informed via e-mail about the progress of the admission process within 4-5 weeks after the online application is submitted.
B. Application Dates
Applications must be submitted by uploading all required documents to the online application form between the application dates stated below.
First Day of Application Period : January 15, 2021
Last Day for Applications: August 13, 2021(Online application form will be closed at 16:00 with Turkish time.)
C. Who Can Apply?
Students who have graduated from an institution equivalent to Turkish high schools and those who are on their last year at high school may apply to the undergraduate programs, if they meet the application criteria below.
I. Applicants meeting below conditions can apply:
1) International students,
2) Those holding Turkish citizenship by birth and renounced their Turkish citizenship, and their children under 18 who are listed in the renouncement document but documenting their certification for rights mentioned in the Turkish Citizenship Law, no: 5901, Item 7, stating that “Anyone born, either in Turkey or abroad, in the marriage of a Turkish mother or father, is a Turkish citizen.” Candidates who wish to apply within the “applications from abroad” category should examine the Turkish Citizenship Law.
3) Those who hold citizenship of other countries by birth; and have gained the citizenship of The Republic of Turkey / those who hold dual-citizenship,
4) a) Those who hold the citizenship of The Republic of Turkey and have completed last 3 years of their high school education in another country except The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus before 01/02/2013. (Including those who have completed their entire high school education in a Turkish high school opened in another country, except ones in The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, within the scope of MEB.)
b) Those who start their high school education after 01/02/2013 in abroad, and completing entire high school education in abroad except The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. (Including those who have completed their entire high school education in a Turkish high school opened in another country, except ones in The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, within the scope of MEB.)
c) Those who hold Turkish citizenship or dual citizenship, one of which is Turkish, must have received their high school education abroad as formal education (not distance education). These applicants are required to certify their formal education by presenting the relevant pages in their passports showing that they have entered the country where the high school is located during their high school education.
5) Those who hold the citizenship of The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, who reside in The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and who have completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system, as well as those who have registered and completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system abroad between 2005-2010.
II. Applicants having below conditions cannot apply:
1) who hold the citizenship of The Republic of Turkey, and have completed their secondary education in Turkey or in The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus,
2) who hold the citizenship of The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (except those who have completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system in TRNC, and those who have registered and completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system abroad between 2005-2010),
3) who hold a dual citizenship, one of which is a citizenship of The Republic of Turkey by birth, as stated in article (A) item.2 above. (except those who have completed their high school education in another country other than The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus/ those who have completed their high school education in a Turkish institution in another country other than The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus),
4) who hold dual citizenship, one of which is Turkish, and applicants with Turkish citizenship who receive a diploma from a high school abroad through distance education without being present abroad.
5) who hold dual citizenship, one of which is citizenship of The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (except those who have completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system in TRNC, and those who have registered and completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system abroad between 2005-2010),
6) those who hold citizenship of The Republic of Turkey or dual citizenship, one of which is the citizenship of The Republic of Turkey by birth, as stated in article A item.2 above, and who have completed their secondary education at institutions within an embassy or in other foreign institutions in Turkey.
D. Acceptable Exams/Diplomas
Candidates should submit one of the exams/diplomas with valid score accepted by the University and enter their exam/diploma information and the score correctly on the online application form. Applications without one of the accepted exams/diplomas with valid score are not evaluated.
CLICKfor the exams & diplomas and required minimum scores valid for an application to Sabancı University.
E. Application Fee Payment & Payment Methods
In order to apply, first of all, the 30 USD application fee must be paid. You can make a quick payment with your credit card from the screen that appears before entering the application form. Then you can make your online application from the form that open up right after you complete the payment.
The application fee is paid only once for the relevant academic year.
Applicants must submit application fee payment online using a Visa or MasterCard credit card. Payment is due before you submit your application.
We do not accept cash, bank transfer or paper checks and all application fees must be submitted online. Application fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
Applications can be made by choosing any of the following 3 program groups within the specified quotas. Sabancı University students, who complete common program successfully; declare the major, which they would like to graduate from, in accordance with the conditions determined by the University. Please click for detailed information about the interdisciplinary education system offered by our University.
Also, please note that due to the quota, applying for programs from different faculties will increase your chance for admission.
*The quotas stated in the table are subject to change in reference to the decisions of Turkish Higher Education Council.
G. Required Documents for Application
1. For Online Application Fee Payment and Application Form, please CLICK
!!! Please make sure you fulfill application requirements before starting the application process and keep in mind that the application fee is non-refundable.
We would like you to know that in case you interrupt the application process; as long as you do not submit the application form, you can return to the relevant pages by using the links that are sent to your e-mail address in the beginning of the process.
2. The copy of one of the exam/diploma result(s) with a valid score accepted by Sabancı University
Applications, where any of the accepted exams or diplomas are not submitted with a valid score, will not be evaluated.
3. If graduated, High School Diploma (if in another language rather than Turkish or English, notarized translation should also be submitted)
4. Official transcript, showing all courses and grades taken in the entire high school education, approved by the high school authority.
Applications without official transcript are not taken into consideration.
Uploaded transcripts which are without wet signature and stamp or without e-signature, which can be verified online, will not be taken into consideration.
5. If taken before, a language proficiency exam score accepted by Sabancı University
6. If available, an academic letter of recommendation letter
7. If the applicant had/continue to have secondary education in Turkey, below documents are required:
a) Residence Permit Copy for those with foreign nationality
b) Blue Card Copy or Official Letter for Renouncement from Turkish Nationality for those who renounced Turkish citizenship
c) Residence Permit Copy or an official document that shows the date of acquisition of Turkish citizenship (such as Vukuatlı Nüfus Kayıt Örneği or court decision) for those who acquire Turkish citizenship not by birth
All documents regarding application must be submitted to Sabancı University Student Resources Unit no later than the application deadline.
A. Assessment of the Results
Applications will be evaluated by the relevant Faculty Administrative Board. Applicants are informed via e-mail about the progress of the admission process within 4-5 weeks after the online application is submitted. Please do not e-mail the university to ask about the admission decision.
Scholarship evaluation is made based on applicants’ academic success, extra-curricular activities and scholarship quota. Please click for detailed information.
You may contact with International Office via firstname.lastname@example.org for your any questions about scholarship applications and the University.
C. Equivalency Certificate
In accordance with the related legislation, it is required for all international students to study in Turkey, to submit equivalency certificate together with other registration documents on university enrollment dates. Equivalency certificate is required at registration process.
*Equivalency Certificate: The equivalency certificate verifies that your high school diploma / education is equivalent to those obtained in Turkey.
Please bear in mind that students whose equivalency certificate applications are rejected by the official authorities, are not allowed to register to any university in Turkey.
Since the process may take a while, we strongly recommend you to start your equivalency application process with Turkish Ministry of Education or the Education Attache at the Turkish Embassy (in your country), right after you get admission from the University.
3. REGISTRATION TO THE UNIVERSITY
A. General Information and Required Documents
Students who are accepted to Sabancı University and are eligible to enroll must complete the two-stage registration process within the dates announced in the academic calendar by submitting the following documents.
Those, who do not submit all required documents on registration dates, lose their enrollment right.
I. First Stage: All documents must be uploaded online through the online registration system and the necessary forms must be filled in.
II. Second Stage: The original or notarized wet signed and stamped version of all documents must be delivered to the Student Resources Directorate by post or in person on the relevant dates.
1. Original Test Score/Diploma or its Notarized Copy (SAT, GCE, ACT, etc.). High school diploma should be submitted together with the Original Test Score. SAT must be sent to the University via Collegeboard with the institution code 7100
2. The original of high school diploma or its notarized copy (if in another language rather than Turkish or English, notarized translation should also be submitted)
3. High School Diploma Equivalency Certificate from the Turkish Ministry of Education or the Education Attache at the Turkish Embassy
4. Original Transcript or its notarized copy (if in another language rather than Turkish or English, notarized translation should also be submitted)
5. Applicant’s passport page which contains the photo (Attested by the notary or consulate as “true copy”)
6. Copy of the visa page of the passport with the stamp indicating the entrance of Turkey
7. Both sided copy of the Residence Permit, if taken before (obtained from Immigration Office)
8. 1 passport size (4.5 x 6 cm) photos (it must be uploaded to online registration system only)
9. Copy of the language proficiency certificate for the students who would like to be exempted from Foundation Development Year (it should be sent to the Student Resources via email before the university registration dates)
10. Notarized Parental Consent Letter for students under the age of 18, stating that their legal guardian “allows them to enroll and study at Sabancı University.” It must be uploaded to the online registration system and stamped version with wet signature must be delivered by post or in person.)
11. Student Information Form: This online form should be completed from “newcomers.sabanciuniv.edu” page by filling all parts. To be able to fill the form, it is necessary to create a Sabancı University account. Steps for creating the account will be sent to the students via e-mail before registration.
Note: Additional documents may be requested by the University in addition to above mentioned documents.
B. Address and Contact Information
Orta Mahalle, Üniversite Cd
No: 27, Tuzla, 34956 Istanbul, Türkiye
Phone : +90 (216) 483 90 64
Facsimile: +90 (216) 483 90 73
Official website: http://www.sabanciuniv.edu/en
Contact Information: https://www.sabanciuniv.edu/en/phone-and-addresses